The Department of Physical Therapy at United Family Guangzhou Clinic (GZU) can help you with any injury or condition affecting your muscles, ligaments, bones, or joints. Using a combination of manual therapy, modalities and therapeutic exercise, we can help alleviate pain, regain function, and rehabilitate you back to an active lifestyle.
Our department can provide a full assessment of your injury or condition by one of our health professionals. At our clinic, we can provide expertise in many areas. We can help if you suffer from the following:
- Headaches, e.g. tension headache, cervicogenic headache)
- Neck and back pain with or without disc bulge or herniation
- Neck and back pain with or without radiculopathy (pinched nerve)
- Neck and back muscle spasm or strain
- Posture related neck and back pain
- Repetitive strain injuries, e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome
Athletes and sports people
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff tear
- Fracture and tendon injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Hip and groin pain (e.g. hip impingement)
- Knee ligament injuries (e.g. strained ACL)
- Meniscus injuries
- Ankle sprains
- Foot pain, (e.g. metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis)
- Flat feet
Women and mothers
- Neck, back and hip pain, prenatal and postpartum
First and foremost we look to movement. Our goal is to return our patients to their active lifestyles, uninhibited by pain or dysfunction.
We believe in treating our patients as a whole and resolving the root of their injuries. We are not treating individual body parts or chasing symptoms.
We work closely with other GZU departments to offer you a collaborative approach to improve your health. When collaborating with our surgical specialists, we strive to provide the optimal recovery experience for all our post surgical patients.
Physical Therapy Services
- Functional assessment: muscle strength, range of motion (ROM), balance (walking, sitting, standing), etc.
- Manual therapy
- Ergonomic and postural education
- Kinesiology taping
- Mechanical traction
- Pregnancy fitness
- Post-surgical and injury rehabilitation
- Foot and gait assessment
- Orthotic prescription
- Hand therapy and rehabilitation
- Electrostimulation for pain relief
- Ultrasound therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises