The Department of Surgery in Guangzhou United Family Hospital (GZU) offers a broad range of both inpatient and outpatient surgical services. Our team is composed of senior and consultant surgeons with decades of clinical experience. We cooperate with anesthesiologists to provide painless, enhanced recovery after surgery in a pioneering, international standard, service-oriented environment.
Our seven modern operating suites are fully equipped with cutting-edge imported medical equipment. We have a team of local and internationally trained anesthesiologists and nurses to ensure safe, effective, and quality care in order to meet international standards of surgical procedures. The hybrid operating theater contains Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) for minimally invasive surgery and interventional radiology procedures to maximize the treatment benefits while significantly reducing patients’ recovery time.
The hospital provides specialized surgical services. Senior doctors directly participate in all aspects of diagnosis and patient care and receive strong support from experts from key specialties of local tertiary hospitals. This ensures continuity of care and the best outcomes for patients here at GZU.
The Strength of Surgery
The Surgical Department in Guangzhou United Family Hospital provides the following services:
Comprehensive general surgery services in Guangzhou
- 24/7 adult and pediatric service for all aspects of general surgery, including 24/7 inpatient rooms
- 24/7 in-house pediatric and adult operating room services for acute emergencies that require general surgery
- 24/7 transitional care unit (TCU) and on-site intensive care capabilities for those requiring surgery and post-operative care
- State-of-art equipment and general surgery techniques:
Enhanced recovery after surgery
Outpatient and Inpatient Services
We offer surgical outpatient and inpatient services in the following areas:
- Pediatric common surgical conditions: Redundant prepuce and phimosis; inguinal hernia acute abdomen in children (acute appendicitis, intussusception, etc.) and hematochezia.
- Trauma: tissue injury after trauma treatment, debridement suture; determine the extent of damage and provide treatment.
- Acute abdominal pain: Peritonitis, gastric perforation, intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, cholecystitis, incarcerated hernia, liver and spleen rupture and other emergencies.
- Tumor: Various sizes of tumor removed for pathology study, cyst and abscess resection and drainage, etc.
- Abdominal wall hernias: Diagnosis of inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia and incision hernia, etc. We provide advanced methods of hernia repair for adult and pediatric patients, such as tissue, tension-free or laparoscopy repairs, according to patients’ general conditions and the types of hernia.
- Thyroid: Our team including endocrinologists, interventional radiologists, and surgical specialists provides appropriate and multi-disciplinary care for the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease.
- Breast lumps: Conventional or minimally invasive operations for breast abnormalities including FNA, core-needle biopsy, excisional biopsy, local excision, breast-preserving excision, radical dissection for malignancy, among others.
- Cholecystitis, gallstone, biliary calculi and placeholder: treatment of acute and chronic gallbladder disease and biliary diseases using either surgical or non-surgical treatment (including surgery, laparoscopic surgery and traditional endoscopic ERCP and other treatment).
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic disease：Conventional, endoscopic or laparoscopic operations for the liver, gallbladder, bile duct, and pancreas, such as stone removal, stricture, obstruction, and malignancy.
- Stomach disease：Conventional, endoscopic or laparoscopic operations for the stomach, duodenum, jejunum such as ulceration, stricture, bleeding, obstruction, GIST, and malignancy.
- Anal/rectal diseases：Conventional and minimally invasive operations for rectal and anal abnormalities such as hemorrhoids, polyps, fistula, fissure, and malignancy.
- Varicose vein in the lower limb：Conventional and minimally invasive operations for these abnormalities including laser, radiofrequency among others.