Otolaryngology in GZU provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) diseases. Our professional team is highly trained and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of ENT diseases in both children and adults. Since the establishment of ENT department of GZU, we have been providing high quality clinical services to our patients.
Our professional team has rich experience in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, including otitis media, rhinitis, sinusitis, sore throat, deafness, sleep apnea in adults and children, as well as adenoid gland and tonsillar disease, etc.
We can perform a variety of endoscopy (including laryngoscopy, rhinoscope and otoscope for adults and children) and treatment under endoscopes, including the treatment of fungal disease of the external auditory canal, cerumen cleaning, treatment of otitis media, removal of foreign bodies in various parts of ear, nose and throat, etc.
Moreover, we can service various types of audiological examination, including pure tone audiometry, acoustic immittance, ABR and ASSR, DPOAE, which is accurate for adults and children, as well as infants. Based on individual hearing level, we can also provide tailored hearing-aids to help improve listening and quality of life.
Additionally, we can also provide polysomnography tests, aimed at adults or children with various sleep disorders and snoring issues which can be caused by sleep apnea. Through sleep monitoring, it can be clear whether there is sleep obstruction, sleep hypoxia, etc. Combined with laryngoscopy the cause can be determined, and an individualized treatment plan can then be made.
Our ENT department and physicians are also fully equipped to do ENT surgery including children’s tonsil and adenoidectomy surgery, otitis media surgery in children and adults, sinusitis surgery, tympanic membrane repair, etc.
Our ENT department staff can diagnose and treat problems of the ear, nose, and throat, including but not limited to:
- Suppurative otitis media
- Otitis externa, including otomycosis (fungal infection)
- Secretory otitis media
- Sudden hearing loss
- Ear-related injury
- Impacted ear wax
Nose and sinus problems
- Allergic and non-allergic rhinitis
- Deviated septum
- Tumors of the nose and sinus
- Hypertrophy of tonsil and adenoid gland in children
- Acute and chronic laryngitis
- Vocal cord nodules and polyps
- Acute and chronic pharyngitis
In our sleep laboratory, we can diagnose and treat sleep apnea and other sleep disorders:
- Diagnosis with sleep study (Polysomnography)
- Sleep apnea treatment with Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Sleep apnea treatment with surgery, including common surgeries for children with sleep apnea: adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy
We can also perform surgical procedures on the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx, including:
- Adenoid and tonsil removal
- Ear tube insertion
- Tympanic membrane repair for otitis media
- Ear, nose, throat injury treatment
- Microscopic laryngeal surgery
- Nose and sinus endoscopic surgery
- Nose bone fracture closed treatment