Rehabilitative Medicine at Guangzhou United Family Hospital (GZU) can help you with muscle, ligament, bone, or joint injuries. Using a combination of manual therapy modalities and therapeutic exercise, we can help alleviate pain, regain function, and rehabilitate you back to an active lifestyle.
First and foremost we look to movement. Our goal is to return our patients to their active lifestyles, uninhibited by pain or dysfunction. When collaborating with our surgical specialists, we strive to provide the optimal recovery experience for all our post-surgical patients.
We believe in treating our patients as a whole and resolving the root of their injuries. We are not treating individual body parts or chasing symptoms.
Rehabilitative Medicine can provide a full assessment of your injury or condition by one of our health professionals. Meanwhile we can help if you suffering any of from the following symptoms:
- Disc bulge
- Neck and back pain
- Muscle spasm or strain
- Posture related dysfunction
- Spinal radiculopathy (e.g.pinched nerve)
- Headaches (e.g. tension headache, cervicogenic)
- Repetitive strain injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome)
Athletes and sports people
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff tear
- Fracture and tendon injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Hip and groin pain
- Ligament injuries
- Flat feet
- Foot pain, (e.g. metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis)
Post Orthopedic Surgical Rehabilitation
- Labral repair
- Spinal disc surgery
- Meniscus repair
- Knee ligament rehabilitation
Prenatal and postpartum neck ,back and hip pain
Certified Athletic Therapist (BSc, MA)
Speaks English & Mandarin
15 years experiences in Athletic Therapy Rehabilitation
4 years Athletic Therapist with Cirque du Soleil
Expert in manual and exercise-based therapy programs.
Able to provide rehabilitative care for a wide range patient.
Physical Therapy Services
- Functional assessment: muscle strength, range of motion (ROM), balance (walking, sitting, standing), etc.
- Manual therapy
- Ergonomic and postural education
- Kinesiology taping
- Mechanical traction
- Pregnancy fitness
- Post-surgical and injury rehabilitation
- Foot and gait assessment
- Orthotic prescription
- Hand therapy and rehabilitation
- Electrostimulation for pain relief
- Ultrasound therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises