Anesthesiology & Pain Management
The Department of Anesthesiology in Guangzhou United Family Hospital (GZU) is made up of highly experienced anesthesiologists providing you with 24/7 optimal medical care.
All our anesthesiologists come from renowned top level general hospitals with solid clinical experience. We offer a full range of anesthesia services ensuring a consistent focus on your safety and comfort during and after procedures. Additionally, we also provide professional pain consultation and management services. GZU is one of the few hospitals in Guangzhou to offer low dose “walking” epidurals for women who want to give birth naturally.
Our ultimate goal is to tailor anesthetic and analgesic plans to your personal wishes based solely on your safety to speed up your recovery allowing you to return to your cozy life as quickly as possible.
Anesthesiology & Pain Management Services
The Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Management offers the following services:
- Surgery – general or local anesthetic
- Vaginal birth – ambulatory labor analgesia
- Caesarean-section – general or regional anesthesia
- Endoscopy – sedation
- Dental procedures – sedation
- CT, MRI scanning – sedation
- Pre-anesthesia Clinic
- Pain Management Clinic
Pain Management Clinic Services
- Neuralgia: trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, intercostal neuralgia, sciatica, lateral femoral cutaneous neuralgia, pudendal neuralgia, brachial plexus neuralgia, acute herpes zoster, postherpetic neuralgia, traumatic plexus lesions, phantom limb pain, stump pain, painful diabetic polyneuropathy, and complex regional pain syndrome.
- Cervical spondylopathy, cervical (lumbar) disc herniation, transverse process syndrome of the third lumbar vertebra, lumbosacral neuralgia, coccyalgia, and talalgia.
- Joint pain: periarthritis, external humeral epicondylitis, chronic hip pain, chronic knee pain, and chronic ankle pain.
- Soft tissue pain: acute lumbar sprain, supraspinal syndemitis, back myofascitis, pyriformis syndrome, fibromyalgia syndrome, peritendinitis, and scar pain.
- Cancer pain: A full range of complicated, painful diseases that do not clearly fall under any one medical department or specialty. This includes chronic diseases and those that are difficult to treat.
There are seven operating theaters in Guangzhou United Family Hospital. They are all well-equipped with state-of-the-art surgical equipment, and are staffed and managed by a team of qualified, experienced, and caring professionals.
Operating Room (OR) 2 is a one-stop hybrid operating room equipped with a portable C arm X-ray machine and digital silhouette angiography system (DSA). It not only can support endoscopic surgery and routine surgical procedures, but can also support a variety of catheter-based endovascular procedures such as cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, and vascular interventional surgery under the real time guidance of the medical imaging equipments, so as to realize the effective integration of multiple technologies, and minimize trauma as well as complications in order to optimize the overall treatment effect.
OR 3 is mainly for orthopedic surgery and OR 8 is mainly for gynecological and obstetric surgery. The other operating rooms are for endoscopic surgery and other general surgeries. We continually invest in the latest medical equipment and facilities to offer you the most advanced, evidence-based treatment options.