The Department of Dermatology at Guangzhou United Family Hospital (GZU) provides a comprehensive spectrum of dermatologic and cosmetic services. Our state-of-the-art facility and providers combine the finest in innovation, education and research to offer our patients highest quality personalized and compassionate care to help you feel great in your own skin. Our dermatologists specialize in the most current technology available for medical dermatological conditions, skin cancer detection and treatment, anti-aging skin rejuvenation, and other cosmetic care.
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the skin, hair, and nails, such as acne, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, bullous skin diseases, cutaneous lupus erythematosus, vitiligo, viral warts, various dermatoses during pregnancy, etc
- Aesthetic and anti-aging treatment, such as freckles, melasma, facial and neck wrinkles, rejuvenation, striae distensae, scars, nevus, etc
- Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, including condyloma accuminata, syphilis, gonorrhea, genital herpes and genitourinary chlamydia infection
- Skin cancer screening and treatment, including regular checkups, patient education on sun protection and self-monitoring, skin cancer treatment, etc
- Laser treatments for hair removal, telangiectasia, hyperpigmentation, skin rejuvenation, wrinkles, face lifting, acne scar removal, etc.
- BOTOX injection
- Chemical peels
- Hyaluronan dermal fillers
- CoolSculpting body shaping
- Thermage skin tightening
- MiraDry microwave for hyperhidrosis
Procedures And Specific Treatments
Procedures and specific treatments available, but not limited to:
- Cryotherapy: freeze off benign or premalignant skin lesions with liquid nitrogen
- Electrodesiccation and curettage: burn off benign or premalignant skin lesion with high-frequency electric current
- Minor surgery: skin lesion removal with surgical options
- Skin lesion biopsy: obtaining a tiny piece of skin lesion for pathological examination
- UVB therapy: ultraviolet light therapy of skin diseases such as psoriasis, vitiligo, alopecia, etc.
- Photodynamic therapy: condyloma accuminata, cystic acne, skin cancer and pre-cancer, hemangioma, etc.
- LED light therapy: acne, rosacea, steroid dermatitis, sensitive skin, etc.